Privacy Collection Statement
About this Policy
This policy sets out how carnewscn.com.au (carnewscn) collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
Carnewscn and privacy
carnewscn respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988) (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and applicable privacy regulations. carnewscn is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information collected by carnewscn will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
· identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
· contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
· bank account and credit account details;
· user IDs and passwords;
· services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
· business information, such as ABN and licence number;
· information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example vehicle details and pricing;
· information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance or insurance;
· information about the devices on which you visit the carnewscn Network, and your activities on those devices or sites;
· third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
· your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
· records and content of communications with carnewscn or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in carnewscn’ Terms and Conditions of Use);
· if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
· if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment; and
· information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by carnewscn.
carnewscn, does not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, carnewscn may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is personal information collected?
carnewscn collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
· directly from you when you provide information directly in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites; when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from carnewscn or a third party via the carnewscn Network; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by carnewscn, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
· directly from you when you communicate with carnewscn or any other person using carnewscn Communications Services;
· from third parties such as resellers of carnewscn services and service providers to carnewscn;
· social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
· from 3rd party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
· through use of carnewscn proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
· from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, which include our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
How is personal information used?
More specifically, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
· to maintain appropriate business records;
· to research, develop, improve and use within carnewscn products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
· to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
· to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
· to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with carnewscn Network services;
· to generate statistics in relation to the carnewscn Network;
· for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
· to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please use the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
· for purposes connected with the operation of the carnewscn Network;
· for staff training and quality assurance;
· to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
· to contact winners of trade promotions run by carnewscn.
How is personal information disclosed?
carnewscn may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than carnewscn. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
· carnewscn Network companies and staff;
· the public if you advertise with carnewscn or use publicly available Communications Services;
· individuals and organisations that advertise with carnewscn if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through carnewscn - depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired, these may include:
o private advertisers;
o licensed car dealers;
o original equipment manufacturers;
o car brokers;
o operators of third party web sites, co-branded web sites and applications and advertising served to the carnewscn Network by third parties;
o financial service providers;
o insurance service providers;
o vehicle inspection service providers;
o transportation service providers;
o payment services providers;
o outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
If you do not want carnewscn to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry or acquire those services.
· outsourced service providers who assist carnewscn to provide its services including:
o information technology providers;
o marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
o professional advisers;
o data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
o payment platforms.
· entities to whom you request we send your information;
· resellers of carnewscn services;
· organisations involved in a sale/transfer of a carnewscn Network company or any of its assets, business or shares;
· to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
· as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Where carnewscn discloses your personal information to a data service provider, carnewscn will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
Maintaining personal information quality
carnewscn strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. carnewscn may verify the accuracy of personal information it holds against information about you held by a third party. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one).
carnewscn may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
About security and personal information
The carnewscn takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on the carnewscn system.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, carnewscn may not be able to provide you with the full range of carnewscn services.
When accessing the carnewscn Network from a mobile device, we may request permission to collect your location from your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you consent to the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services.
carnewscn Network, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the carnewscn Network, carnewscn records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. Such information collected by carnewscn may be linked to other information carnewscn and its Network companies hold about a user, compiling a complete profile about carnewscn users’ browsing, purchasing and other activities. This data may be used by carnewscn to categorise a user and provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising. Activity data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes where the user is already a customer of the advertiser.
carnewscn may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit a website on the carnewscn Network. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites and other media in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
carnewscn uses "cookie" and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years or longer in some cases).
Cookies may be used by carnewscn or by service providers engaged by carnewscn to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the carnewscn Network, measure and analyse usage of the carnewscn Network and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the carnewscn Network and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data and other data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties via advertising exchanges or other data sharing platforms for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled carnewscn may not be able to provide you with the full range of carnewscn’ services.